Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys Elite > maxisys elite froze while updating - reb...
maxisys elite froze while updating - reboots but touch screen is dead - cannot do anything with it

2845 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2016-09-25 22:42:48

•   Level 2   
    (17) points
    Frank
    2016-08-04 00:47:58
     tried to press the on/off button for longer than 15 sec  - still problem  - tried to remove the battery for hours - reinstalled battery but same result - reboots but the touchscreen is dead - I've never had a problem with this unit until the latest update over the weekend - the unit is still under warranty but I would rather fix it myself if there is a simple fix. I appreciate any help - thanks - frank

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-08-05 04:42:32 (Reply to:Frank)

When half the touch screen (digitize r) was dead on my wife's android phone I was able to use a micro usb adapter and a USB mouse to navigate the screen to do what I needed to do. Worth a try.

•   Level 2   
    (17) points
    Frank
    2016-08-06 02:11:21 (Reply to:witsend)
     witsend,
    Thanks for the tip. I thought I had a micro usb adapter at home but could not find it. I'll buy one tomorrow and let you know.
    Thanks

•   Level 2   
    (17) points
    Frank
    2016-08-21 21:00:01
     witsend,
    I tried to connect a usb mouse with an otg - usb cable but had no luck at all. Thanks for the tip though. I still have the problem after update - the touch screen is dead, the unit boots up to the 6 large icon screen and connects to my WiFi and shows that I have 10 updates available but I cannot do anything as the touchscreen is completely unresponsive.

•   Level 2   
    (17) points
    Frank
    2016-09-24 23:43:36
     I had to send the scanner back to China for warranty repair as I bought It from an Autel distributor who is located in China. They said that Autel had to replace a broken chip on the main board that controls the touchscreen. They refund me  my shipping cost too. I tested the scanner yesterday and it worked fine. I hope it stays that way.

•   Level 2   
    (48) points
    Turnerauto

2016-09-25 22:42:48

theres an issue with a system update i think. iv been told not to update from my supplier.

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR MAXISYS YET UNTIL SUPPORT TELLS YOU OTHERWISE.

Total1 Pages